Understanding the current scenario of tremendous interest of students and professionals regarding “Big Data & AI”, CloudxLab conducted a webinar on July 12, 2017 to introduce and explain the many nuances of this upcoming field to all the enthusiasts. Mr Sandeep Giri, founder of CloudxLab with more than 15 years of experience in the industry with companies such as Amazon, InMobi, DE Shaw etc., was the lead presenter in the webinar.
The webinar covered the following:
- Overview of Big Data
- Big Data Technology Stack
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Demo of Machine Learning Example
- Artificial Intelligence Technology Stack
- Approximately 1000 persons registered for the webinar, and 600+ attended
- Overwhelming enthusiasm was evident as 100+ questions were asked
- Participants requested to extend the session as the flow of knowledge was tremendously beneficial to all
- Sandeep initiated the webinar by comparing the current state of “Big Data & AI” technologies with the ideal future goal of creating an artificial person who is human-equivalent in all aspects
- Presenter provided a sneak peek into Machine Learning through an example where computer learned and mastered the game “Mario” by repeatedly practicing and improving through each iteration
- Thereafter, it was explained how Internet of Things is creating humongous amounts of data called Big Data, and how various technologies have evolved to Collect-Store-Process Big Data
- The presenter, then, delved upon the relevance of Hadoop & Spark ecosystems in the Collect-Store-Process cycle of Big Data
- At this stage the discussion became a combination of presentation and query-resolution on the many nuances of Hadoop & Spark ecosystems as participants raised many interesting questions
- The discussion then progressed to the next stage where the presenter explained the meaning and history of development of “Artificial Intelligence” (AI)
- Thereafter, he explained that Reasoning, Navigation, Natural Language Processing, Knowledge & Perception are the current scope of AI — and future scope should include Emotional Intelligence & Intuition
- The presenter, then, progressed to explain the meaning and nuances of Machine Learning & Deep Learning along with their frameworks
- The webinar then culminated through an extended Q/A session to answer all the queries whereby most participants enquired how they could learn more on these topics.
What about those who missed the webinar?
- Worry not, the recording of the webinar is available here:
- The presentation slides are available here: