In the Hadoop ecosystem, Apache Zookeeper plays an important role in coordination amongst distributed resources. Apart from being an important component of Hadoop, it is also a very good concept to learn for a system design interview.
If you would prefer the videos with hands-on, feel free to jump in here.
Alright, so let’s get started.
In this post, we will understand the following:
- What is Apache Zookeeper?
- How Zookeeper achieves coordination?
- Zookeeper Architecture
- Zookeeper Data Model
- Some Hands-on with Zookeeper
- Election & Majority in Zookeeper
- Zookeeper Sessions
- Application of Zookeeper
- What kind of guarantees does ZooKeeper provide?
- Operations provided by Zookeeper
- Zookeeper APIs
- Zookeeper Watches
- ACL in Zookeeper
- Zookeeper Usecases